Tuesday 31 January 2012

Colour Challenge 360 - White Island Pool

Tuesday is the day for colour challenges at Splitcoaststampers. I played last week and found it really hard - somehow only having defined colours doesn't always point me in any one direction. It's almost too much like a blank page, which usually just leaves me with....a blank page!  This week was easy, though - white and greeny-blues are right up my alley!

I also took inspiration from this piece of artwork that I found on Etsy:


I love the depth of colour and clean graphic style. Who wouldn't be cheered up after seeing something like this?

I stamped the yellow flower centres then stamped over them with versarmark using a solid daisy shape and embossed the flowers with clear embossing powder. Next step was to sponge Pool Party and Island Indigo ink, with a sponge dauber, to get the background effect. Here it is:


What a nice, springy start to February - let's hope we continue with this fairly snow-less (at least here in Toronto) weather!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamps Of Life
Paper: Whisper White, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Summer Sun, Versamark
Accessories: Black Copic Multiliner, Sponge Dauber, Clear Embossing Powder


No comments: