Tuesday 5 June 2012

Brainstorm!



Quick mid-day post because I had a BRAINSTORM. A rare occurence, indeed! I was looking at the two challenges below, determined to combine them. Combining challenges is a skill I need improvement in - many people are very talented and can put 4 challenges in one card, but I still struggle with two.

I'm absolutely in LOVE with this colour combination for this week's Colour Q (must be Canadian or British - see how they spell colour just like I do?):


Then I looked at this week's Clean and Simple Fall to Layout. Came up with  Father's Day as a theme, so I could have 3 lines of sentiment (and use all the colours!),  but then hit the unmoveable object.


 I only have TWO kids and there are THREE flowers. Well, the the most obvious solution is often the least sensible (plus, this baby factory is CLOSED), so I came up with an alternative and put stars in betwen.

I'm so happy with the fun result, although I do have one last confession - these photos are old and I will have to update them before the big day!

Clear and Simple Alpha Duo (what a great alphabet to work with!), various clear stars.



5 comments:

  1. Ardyth, I just stumbled across your blog via SCS and, I must say, it is fantastic! You now have another follower! :) LOVE your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special and fun Father's Day card, Ardyth, I love what you did with the colors. I am so happy you could join us this week with a fun color combination at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Hmmm....third child, stars.....STARS IT IS! Just had to let you know that I just tried out the new SU ink pads - you are gonna LOVE THEM! The Classic Black stamps nicer than Stazon! We used three other colors and they were all amazing! No more Stampin' Spots though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Father's Day card. I know what you mean about combining challenges. I struggle with this too. I think you did great putting these two together. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job combining the two challenges...and a super cool Father's Day card, too! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.