Saturday 8 September 2012

CFC69 - Embossing




For this week's Cas-ual Friday challenge - to use embossing. I have two thoughts on this card.

My first thought goes like this:

1) I should get extra points, because I embossed 3 (or was it 4?) times. First I stamped snowflakes in Versamark on white card, embossed them in clear and then sponged in Soft Sky. Then I stamped snowflakes again, and embossed them and sponged in bashful blue. Again in Marina Mist. Then I stamped in Midnight Muse, sponged the edges and then covered the whole panel in Versamark and embossed with iridescent embossing powder - it's so sparkly in real life and has a pebbly texture to it.

Then I looked at the panel and had my second thought:

2) This is NOT a clean and simple technique. How to make a clean and simple card from it? I solved that by cutting most of it out of the centre and leaving lots of white space for this fancy DeNami Designs sentiment. I didn't even pop it up to create extra dimension. You can make a CAS card with a very busy pattern, if you balance it with lots of white. At least I think so!


19 comments:

  1. A CAS multi-layered embossed card............FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card! The embossed colors are wonderful. Your comment got me thinking--No, embossing is not clean (I make a mess) and for some (like me who inevitably ends up with a few stray spots) simple. Heehee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossing is awesome! This snowflake paper looks like you could by it in the store as patterned paper, that's how cool it is! Wow! It was worth embossing 4 times, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful effect as every time! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! This is a stunner! Personally, I think 'effort' should definitely be rewarded! Quite the process but well worth it(can only image the powder you had to clean up each time!)

    Then more points for the save to keep it CAS! Winner either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. love. this.
    it is so gorgeous and I love the color scheme. Super lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! The embossed frame is a wonderful addition to the sentiment focal point! LOVE it, Ardyth! :) Please come join me at the Technique Tuesday challenge blog if you get the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really stunning and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. However you do it and whatever you call it, your cards are always stunning! This did take a lot of work to get all that sparkly wonderment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Ardyth, this is glorious!!! What an amazing embossing technique you used, I have to try that! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! What a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Ardyth, and I love your inventive way of bringing it back to CAS. (I hope you didn't throw away the middle portion!).

    Thanks so much for the Leibster award. What a great concept. I'm busy deciding who I would like to pass it on to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. Love all the embossing and glitter. those background colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ardyth this is beautiful, amazing colours x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG'osh, Ardyth! This card is awesome! The embossed background is so..... pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, Ardyth!! LOVE all that stamping, sponging and embossing...wow...and offsetting it with the striking sentiment...simply lovely:)!! Always love seeing your creativity at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah! You're right - not a CAS technique but completely and utterly stunning with all that white space! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.