Friday 17 April 2015

EHPSC - Inspired by Joan. Twice.


My breath literally caught when I saw this card by Joan yesterday. That bright pink and bold green - sigh! I warned her that I would be casing it. Soon. So I did. And I didn't stop at one, either!

I used a similar technique for both cards - I stamped a 4.25x4.25 panel using Bold Blooms from Essentials by Ellen, in MFT Razzleberry and PTI New Leaf. Then I cut a shape out of the centre, layered it with foil cardstock and popped it up. I then adhered the whole panel to a white card so that the inside of the front is nice and clean.

For the first one, I used another Essentials by Ellen set - Fancy Thanks, stamped in HA Charcoal. I cut a square and popped it up with gold. I will link this one up to Ellen Hutson's Pinsights April challenge.



For the second one, I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment in black, and popped up a circle using silver foil cardstock.

This would make a beautiful gift set (I may simplify it to one layer) in different colours, with different sentiments!


21 comments:

  1. aack. they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is eyepopping gorgeous mmm wonder if there is a UK stockist for Ellen Hudson....if there is only fair to say I will be caseing too :-)!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours! And great to have a basic design and change it a little from card to card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!! LOVE these, Ardyth! The colors and designs just pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and I really like the gold frames for both cards, it's a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyond beautiful, Ardyth! I'm doing a little gasping myself over here...
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are stunning Ardyth, I can see why you CASed Joan's card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! These cards sure pack a punch! They're fabulous! I must get that stamp set, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic. Ardyth! I love the addition of the gold and silver foil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are beautiful, love the elegance the gold adds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm joining the bandwagon here to say that this card is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous! Love the shine from the touch of foil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...Wow....two stunning cards! Winner, winner!

    I can see why you love MFT Razzleberry. Yep, it's now on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these both. They are stunning. I am so glad that I just bought this stamp set. Now I can CASE your CASE of Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gaspingly gorgeous, Ardyth ... just stunning, both of them! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning set of cards. Love what you did with the gold around the square and circle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these cards are awesome Ardyth! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.