Saturday 2 May 2015

MM156 - Believe in Green Pine Cones


This week's Merry Monday challenge is very specific. Use the word believe, greens and pinecones. Hmmmm. I pondered for quite a while.



I use Evernote to keep track of my stamps. Evernote is an app that lets you create electronic notebooks and search through them. Each time I get a new set of stamps (or dies), I create a 'note'. I copy and paste a photo of the set (usually from the seller's website) onto my note, add tags that include where they're stored in my room, who made the set and what's in the set, and (a new twist) put the link back to the seller's website, so that I can easily link my post back to them.

The point is, I didn't know that I even had any pine cone stamps, but when I typed 'pinecone' into the search function on my Evernote notebooks, the PTI Tinsel and Tags Sprigs  set came up and this card idea came to me. I did the same for 'believe' and found the word in a non-Christmas Mama Elephant set, True Friend.

It is a lot of work to get the initial set up done - I started last fall, when Tracey McNeely introduced me to it, but now, I make sure to input my new sets before I put them away. I have about 500 notes there now.

Baby Jesus is an old Market Street stamp and I think the star is from Gina K (both are from my pre-Evernote days). I used a Paper Smooches oval for the shadow under the manger.


14 comments:

  1. Mmmm, food for thought... I wonder if I have some sneaky pinecones hiding in my stamps that I don't know about? I might try catalogueing in Evernote. Sounds like a great idea! Great card, Ardyth! I love the design and the beautiful colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you found a pinecone stamp and believe stamp in your stash, Ardyth! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your unique and fabulous card Ardyth. Also thinking the ever note sounds amazing. I manually searched my sets for something that said 'believe'!!! If only I knew evernote existed! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. This is so lovely. Using the cones and needles as a border for the manger is a brilliant idea. Merry Monday, we have a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your unique and fabulous card Ardyth. Also thinking the ever note sounds amazing. I manually searched my sets for something that said 'believe'!!! If only I knew evernote existed! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...you are the queen of organization and you are making me think about that app....not sure I have time right now but that is right up my alley. Love your card! the border stamping is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect, Ardyth, right down to the shadow under the manger! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Ardyth. I just love the borders you made. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card Ardyth! I love how you stamped the pine boughs and cones down each side and popped up your middle panel. So gorgeous is this card! That app sound pretty good too. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous, Ardyth!!! Love how you lined each side of the manger scene with the greens & pinecones and added the Believe under it! This is what Christmas is all about and this is a beauty of a card! Job well done! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - your pinecone border is fabulous!

    The center focal images are breathtaking! The white space between the star and the manger/sentiment seems to create a 'shared' piece of the limelight for both images! SOOOOOO effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful centre panel, Ardyth ... simple and perfect ... and gorgeous pine cone garlands! I remember you showing me Evernote at the Lake House ... it's brilliant ... and one day, I will be that organised!! Bisous, my friend, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.