Saturday 26 September 2015

Muse134 - Beautiful Day


This is my card for this week's Muse challenge where Anita has given us this soft, pretty inspiration:




I mentioned the other day that I tried to make one card that would work for this challenge and also for the Time Out challenge. Two beautiful pastel cards - both with white embossing, one with circles, one with flowers. It should have worked. And it seemed to, when I started - I used Doodle Buds and embossed flowers and leaves in clear and then the sentiment with Versafine Black and clear. So far so good.

Then I pulled out my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers. And the colours are so fun and vibrant that I just couldn't keep them soft! lol!

So, I focused on Anita's
-technique - watercolour over white/clear embossing
-placement and colour of sentiment
-black frame

and I had fun, which is of course, the most important thing!

AND we had exciting news - on Friday, we got our 400th Facebook like! To celebrate this momentous occasion, in addition to our normal voting process, one lucky participant will be chosen at random to receive some crafty goodies!

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us. The deadline is Monday at 8 am EDT. At that time you can vote for your 3 favourites until Tuesday at 8. Voting results will be posted Tuesday at noon.

6 comments:

  1. Your colouring with your Zigs is perfect for the style of those doodle buds, Ardyth. Not easily recognisable as one of your designs but I love it, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the vibrant colors is what really, REALLY makes this card a stunner! The background blue color is subtle, which in my humble opinion, is the best way to showcase the pretty blossoms! Love it!

    Congrats on 400th FB like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave sets of the moment, Ardyth ... such beautifully showcased Doodle Buds in their bright, vibrant colours ... just gorgeous! Congratulations on Muse's 400 FB likes ... way to go, my friend! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so VERY late to the MUSE party,SO VIBRANT Ardyth!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.