Sunday 21 August 2016

FS498 - You Are Amazing


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Donna Idlet (didlet). Her gallery goes back a few years and I thought it would be fun to choose this one and update it a bit.



I was inspired by Donna's:
-colours (aqua, red, green, kraft)
-floral theme
-stripes

I changed:
-technique
-layout
-number of layers
-embellishments

I started with a graduated wash on my background in Peacock feathers and then I took another shot at a faux watercolour technique using distress inks. This time, I stamped the image repeatedly, layering up the distress inks, cleaning the stamp between each layer, and therefore keeping the stamp quite wet. That helped with the blending. When I was finished, I spritzed the clean stamp from a distance and then stamped it just with the water on it. That also helped blend and spread the ink a bit without it going so far that the shapes were lost (I tried that method, too!).

I used:
-Verve Kind Words
-Verve Simply Amazing
-Your Next Stamp Stripetastic

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and I love the soft blue in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of Donna's fabulous card! Nice touch with the bit of striped paper and the kraft base! Beautiful 'washed' background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! Your technique change-up made for wonderful results; love the background, and your b&w stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth this is superb - love your perfect sponging, and the wonderful water colour effect in your stamping.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty! Love the blended flowers and the striped paper strip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, pretty, Ardyth ... love the colour combo ... and that delicious soft blended background with the bright blooms ... delicious! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying following your journey with watercolouring. Letting go much more than I am able to. The card looks great.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.