Friday 27 January 2012

Inspiration Sources

While I love looking at the blogs of other cardmakers and also Splitcoaststampers.com, I've been trying to look in other places for inspiration, to avoid inadvertently 'stealing' other people's ideas. A couple of years ago, there was a tv show I enjoyed called Sarah's House. Sarah Richardson is a popular Canadian interior designer - I love her style - especially her calming colour palettes. The series followed her renovation of her own farmhouse. Similarly, Sarah's Cottage... well, you get the idea (although the cottage is on a private island - what a tough construction/renovation that must have been!)

The logo for Sarah's House is:

I still love the simplicity of the image and the cool colour scheme.

When my sister and her family moved into her long-awaited dream house, I shamelessly cased Sarah's logo for my own purposes:


I've been looking in unusual places for inspiration - I can't wait to show you some of the results!

Supplies:
Stamps: Parfait Alphabet - My Sentiments Exactly!
Paper: Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cricut Expressions cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.