Sunday 22 January 2012

One inspiration, multiple cards

I love jewellery (I hear laughs from those who how much of an understatement this is!) and I love bright colours - in order, otherwise known as 'rainbow'. I found a photo  of a simple gold chain with brightly coloured tear-drop stones. I also loved the rainbow found in the RIC Challenge at http://runwayinspired.blogspot.com/ (although I admit I thought the bag just put it over the top! LOL!).  The necklace was photographed in a spiral and literally spoke to me (it said "BUY ME"). But I really have enough jewellery, so I did the next best thing - I made it into some cards. I started with this one:

It made me happy. Loved the white space and the bright colours (used copics to add dimension to the tips and a small spot of stardust stickles for shine (forgetting of course that you can't apply stickles to Stampin' Up reds or pinks without them changing colour!).

But I couldn't really connect it to the gold necklace. So I made this one:


And it made me happier. Yes, there is less white space, but the smaller darker portion inside each shape  makes it feel groovy to me. I'm going to use this for my Mother-in-law's birthday which is next week. But I still hadn't included the spiral that was in the original...... so I took another shot and here's the result:


I'm less happy with this one - it's my favourite layout (circle on a square) but I left out a couple of the colours and it just doesn't sing to me as well as the others.

Which one do you like best?

Supplies: 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Modern Basics), Stamps of Life
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Basic Black, Gold Mirror, Night of Navy, Silver Mirror
Ink: Stampin' Up!  Perfect Plum, Pacific Point, Real Red, Morning Marigold, Summer Sun, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Concord, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango,  Rose Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Nestablities, Gold embossing powder, stickles

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards - they really are like jewels! Love the middle one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Ardyth! I love how your did the inner layer with copics on the second card. Adds depth and extra diemension to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are fabulous, but that middle one speaks to me! I just love it. Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! Love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.