Wednesday 5 February 2014

Muse #53 - Welcome Vicki!


This is Vicki's first week as Muse. I was so thrilled when she agreed to become a member of the Muse DT! I love her work - she is so very talented (and she's very nice and funny to boot!), and I have been so looking forward to playing along with her first inspiration card! But, despite its beauty and serenity, I admit that this week's Muse, with its muted colour scheme had me stumped for a while!





This card came to me in stages but the real breakthrough was remembering that I have this brilliant yellow vellum that really adds a punch of colour to the card, as well as making beautiful butterfly wings because it's translucent. And in the end, I'm really pleased with this card that I would never have made if it wasn't for Vicki's inspiration, so thank you Vicki!

From Vicki's card, I used the butterfly (same MFT dies as Vicki, in fact!) the circle, the vertical stripes (embossed with my grosgrain embossing plate from MFT), the dots and the fishtail on the sentiment.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along! Don't forget that the deadline is Monday morning at 8:00 am EST. Voting goes from then until Tuesday morning at 8:00 am and then the results will be posted on Tuesday at noon!

18 comments:

  1. Wow!! I LOVE that bright yellow butterfly on the grey background! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, striking colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving this butterfly. Think I will have to put that die on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that butterfly. It is so very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite color combos recently ... sunny yellow and dapper gray. Know what your card reminds me of? A well-dressed man with a gray wool jacket and a flashy yellow silk hankie in the pocket. Love how crisp it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the yellow butterfly pops against the gray. This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey MF! Thanks for the support! Love the concept card too~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love where your inspiration has led you! This is a perfect interpretation of Vicki's card, with an Ardyth twist! The yellow vellum was genius. Love this one! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colours are so gorgeous, Ardyth ... love the cool grey, bordered with brown ... the pop of vibrant yellow from the delicate and sparkly butterfly ... wow! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love grey and yellow :) your butterfly looks fit to burst from the page and it's a wonderful take in Vicki's card :) I have to say, the muted palette had me stumped too but I'm gonna stick with it and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yellow butterfly looks wonderful with the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I. Love. This. Card. That's all. Love it!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! The glittered wings are perfect, and wow, does the color pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always startled by how beautiful yellow and gray are together when I see them and this is a perfect example of that, Ardy!! I just want to touch it with the textures of that soft vellum off-set by that rich corduroy-looking gray!! A new favorite!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! I LOVE these colors together!! I also love the texture you used on the bottom of the gray. It looks so cool.

    Thank you for commenting on my "Festive Friday" card. It was so thoughtful of you.

    Have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that punch of bright yellow, Ardyth! An amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ardyth, this is just stunning in the neutrals with the brilliant pop of yellow! Love!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.