Tuesday 19 August 2014

CASology 109 - Java


This week's CASology Cue Card is Java!



This week is extra exciting because my daughter, Kate is Guest Designer. The only problem is that neither Kate (she's 11) nor I drink coffee. We don't really 'get' coffee. So we were a bit stuck. And I have a confession, I think in the end Kate made a more 'Ardyth' card than I did for this one!

I decided to strengthen my 'java' message by using coffee colours - espresso, latte (ok, it's kraft) and cream. I paper-pieced the holder on my cup. Both stamps are from an old Hero Arts set.

Now it's your turn. Before you go, check out the inspiration from the other DT members:

13 comments:

  1. I don't know you made a pretty convincing coffee card;) I love the offset design Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't drink coffee?! Wow! This is the perfect coffee card, though, for someone who isn't a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you hadn't told us otherwise, I'd say, gauging by your amazing card, that you're full-fledged coffee drinker! Love this!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth, you and Kate both did a great job for not drinking coffee! I love this older Hero Arts set...your coffee actually looks piping hot and strong! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could take a sip or two, Ardyth ... this coffee looks fabulous ... and yummy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never known you nor your daughter don't drink coffee...This is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the offset stamping and the broad frame !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful way to use a large stamp and make it not so immense, wonderfully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection Ardyth. Love the partial image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card Ardyth! I love how you used this stamped coffee cup. I'm not a coffee drinker either and do not get the fuss over coffee at all. lol I really loved Kate's card too, she was very clever in the way she made it and using that wonderful sentiment! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bold espresso colored border really caught my attention and I LOVE the sentiment. Terrific JAVA card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coffee card looks very inviting! I love that the sentiment reads what's perking and that your cup is just peeking from the edge! Wonderful and clever design Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your and Kate's cards are great. (My husband and I don't drink coffee either, and neither do our sons.)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.