Tuesday 7 October 2014

CASology 116 - Splatter


This week's CASology Cue Card is Splatter!




Well, splatter and CAS don't necessarily go together, do they? But as long as there's white space, your card can feel clean even if you love to use messy, ink-on-your-fingers techniques!

I used two different inking techniques here. For the big splatter, I stamped it once in Hawaiian Shores and then re-inked the stamp in Lost Lagoon. Before I stamped it, I wiped off a lot of the ink from the centre of the stamp, so that I ended up with a lovely, two-toned splatter. (This is a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire here.)

Then, because I wanted to create a small, matching border around my main panel, I used the same inks and sponged them on to the cardbase with an ink blender tool.

My sentiment is a PTI Wet Paint die cut.

Now it's your turn! But before you go, please check out all the inspiration from the rest of the DT:

19 comments:

  1. Simply, perfect! Love the splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamps like that are made for those of usu who don't like to get mucky!! Love this Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of color and splatter. I love your two toned look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two tone inking, it looks like you have water coloured the splatter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love. Am going to have to peak at Jennifer's video too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that splatter and the two inking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the two toned splatter and matching border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you created your matching mat paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the big splatter in the middle of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool two-tone splatter, great matching border. I adore that die cut sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super awesome inkiness LOVE the two tone technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect splatter Ardyth!! I love the two tone colors in your splatter. I have seen Jennifer McGuire do this too, I just forget about it! lol Love this CAS card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous results! I just watched Jen's tutorial & I'm quite sure she would give you an A+ and a few gold stars for your project! Are the splatter and the sentiment both PII? If not, they sure do work well together. Great inked border!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully bold and so fantastic, Ardyth ... love the darker edges on the splatter ... they add such a sense of dimension! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dimension that two-tone stamping creates! I really need to practise that technique! thanks for sharing the link to Jen's tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors! Gorgeous spatter effect...very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A perfect in your face splatter Ardyth, just wonderful

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.