Sunday 16 November 2014

Happy Birthday, Ellie!


Today's my niece's birthday. Her 14th birthday. Teenagers are notoriously difficult to buy for (and make cards for), so I went fairly simple. I used Stampin' Up's Contempo Alphabet  and 14 different-coloured Doodlebug sequins. I like how it turned out - clean and modern. And I'm hoping that the sequins didn't fall off in the mail!

Kate also made a card for Ellie and you should definitely check it out. We brainstormed together, but she made the card herself, including picking supplies.

Happy Birthday, Ellie! We wish you a fun day and a wonderful year!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and awesome idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card for a teenager Ardyth! I love all the color the sequins give, but still staying CAS. I think your teen niece will love it!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative card... this is a great idea and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crispness of the font and cool grey is such a fabulous contrast to the fun, multicoloured sequins, Ardyth ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the sequins did not fall off in the mail at all! Thank you very much for Ellie's card and gift - she is wearing the necklace right now! And as for Kate's card, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool card, Ardyth! (I had to count the sequins even before I read your post. OCD? Me?)
    Loved Kate's card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this perfectly stamped font and how well it works with grey AND the sweet sequins! Off to check out Kate's card :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.