Saturday 16 May 2015

Happy Birthday, Sandie! (or, Inspired by Nail Art, Part Two)


Today is the birthday of a very special person - Sandie from London Days! Kylie is hosting a special birthday party and we're all invited!



I was inspired by some more nail art on Pinterest for this one-layered rainbow card:

Rainbow Dots - nail design https://www.youtube.com/user/milleaccendini


I feel kinship with whoever this is, because she likes to start her rainbows with yellow, just like I do! lol!

I started by stamping a row of (Simon Says Stamp) dots on my grid paper work surface, to provide a guideline. By the time I was done, though, my dots were not perfectly lined up. So I used the same size outline circle and stamped it twice on every dot, to give more definition, but also to give a slightly wonky feeling. And now you can't see which ones are not in perfect alignment (humour me if you can! lol!) because of the movement created by that simple 'trick'! I finished with a new Paper Smooches sentiment.

Happy Birthday, Sandie! I hope you have a great day!




18 comments:

  1. A fantastic super cheery CAS and colourful card Ardyth! I'm sure Sandie will love it too! You inspire me every time! Thanks for playing along at the party. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how vibrant and fun Sandie's card is Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! And I love the rainbow starting with yellow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks perfectly planned to me, Ardyth! and just plain perfect!
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love this darling card and so will Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am loving this festive and bright card Ardyth!! I love your trick to make these circles look a little wonky so you can't see that they aren't lined up perfectly-such an awesome tip/trick! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and cheery card!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me, the imperfect dot alignment is better -- more fun, less regimented! On the other hand, I do have trouble not going all ROYGBIV when I rainbow. :D Even though the colours look so good on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish I had all these colours of nail varnish! Thanaks for joining mt Linky party x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all you nail art inspiration Ardyth! What a fantastic card for Sandie, love all the Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspirational, Ardyth. The colours are so bright and fun and I love the rainbow of dots. Thanks for linking up at Sandie's birthday party xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun with a capital F U N, Ardyth ... LOVE how those rainbow dots look as thought they're dancing and bouncing ... so brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great bright and cheerful rainbow Ardyth card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great save! I love the whimsical 'wonkiness' of your unintended stamped design. Fab fun colors!

    Doesn't it feel GREAT to successfully save some ink & paper from hitting the recycle bin?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally I like the idea that they're not perfectly aligned, but maybe that's because of the black outline. Whichever, I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was loving the free feeling and wonkyness of your card. Now that I know the reason, I love it even more. Such great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card...love your wonky and colorful dots!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.